Thursday, January 24, 2013

No Regrets

So I meet this girl in college.  I am attracted, but I'm just not sure.  I hear some things about her that are... unsettling.  I'm not sure just how authentic she is about her faith or if she's just going through the motions for me.  What should I do?

Finally (rightfully) she pushes the issue.  To be together or not?  I still have no idea what to do.  I'm praying desperately for an answer.  After many hours of talking with her, she goes to the bathroom and I'm left standing outside her door.  Something odd happens, some trick of the light seems to point towards her door.  I suddenly know for sure that God wants me to be with her.

Much later when the issue of marriage came up, I was all prepared to spend a weekend just thinking about it and seeking God's will on the matter.  When the time came, I was headed over to my room to start praying, and before I even got started I realized I didn't need to.  I already had a peace about it.  He had told me what to do.

A lot of the benefits of waiting for God to make this life changing decision we didn't even realize until later.  There was a point where she wasn't sure she could handle certain aspects of being with me.  I told her even if she didn't trust herself, that we can trust God and what he said.  He would give us the strength to overcome anything.

More recently, we see some good friends of ours being rocked by divorce.  Naturally we start looking at our own relationship and the question comes up, did we make the right choice?  Pick the right person to be with?  Sometimes I do wonder what it would be like to be with someone else.  Maybe some things would be different, and better in some ways.  But those thoughts can never go anywhere.  I answer with great confidence: Yes, I am with the best person for me.

It's not something I ever question.  I can't, since it wasn't my decision.  It's a beautiful thing.  Some things are just too important to be left up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment